Toilet paper sculpting!

Yes, that is the correct title of this post! Earlier this year I went to a workshop where one of the ideas was to sculpt with toilet paper.
The trick is to barely wet one side of the paper then let the water soak or seep into the toilet paper. You can shape it, let dry, & when it dries it will hold its shape & can be painted. I decided to teach pop art and Wayne Theibaud with this lesson. So, 5th grade students are creating their favorite food. This is still a project in progress....more pics soon!
I started everyone with sculpting a simple egg, then we painted them green & various other colors. The timing worked out great for Dr. Suess read across America!

Comments

  1. These are GREAT!!! Very nice!

    MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am doing a test before my class does this. When I tried to paint my sculpture, the toilet paper started to break down and unravel. Do you put a sealer of some type on the sculptures before you paint?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts